- Sleeping bag (you can rent one in Cusco)
- Hiking pants/shorts: Pants should be lightweight, jeans
are not advisable. Water repellent pants/shorts are best
during rainy season (November, December, January)
- Light-weight hiking boots
- Hat/Cap to protect your face from the sun
- Cotton t-shirt
- Warm fleece jacket or wool sweater for the evening
- Rain jacket and rain poncho during rainy season
(November, December, January)
- Wool or synthetic gloves
- Toilet paper (1 roll) and wet wipes
- Insect repellent
- Plastic bag - for garbage and/or to protect items from the
- Small backpack to carry your accessories and clothes.
- Take snack food such as energy bars or candy.
- Take plenty of water bottles and buy them in Cusco before
the hike. Once on the hike you might be able to get them
but they will be sold to you for twice or three times its price.
- As a precaution buy high altitude sickness prevention pills.
These are sold in all drugstores and pharmacies in Cusco
- Keep in mind that not all public places in Aguas Calientes
offer bathrooms with toilet paper, therefore you should
carry your own toilet paper.