Prices for this package:
- Discounts are offered to Peruvian
- Discounts are offered to students with an
- Discounts are offered to groups of three
- Bus transportation to the start of the trail.
- Entrance Fees to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Bilingual guide (two guides for groups with more than 9
- Meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Tea time everyday
- Dining tent with tables and chairs; kitchen utinsels and plates.
- Porters to carry equipment (tents, food and cooking
- Accommodation for porters and cooks.
- Bus transportation from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Transportation from the train station to lodge in Cusco.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent one in Cusco)
- Breakfast on the first day, last lunch in Aguas Calientes
Additional porter to carry your personal equipment
You will be picked up by your guide from your lodge in Cusco.
You will then take a 2 hour bus ride to the small Andean town of
Chilca. There, you will meet the porters and the camp staff.
After the porters load the heavy gear, you will go down river
alongside the rushing Vilcanota River, through places with
magnificent views of the Wakay-Wilca snow-peak. You will then
arrive at the Inca town of Llactapata and spend some time
exploring this site before continuing
up the Cusichaca Valley to the town of Huallaybamba where
you will camp the first night.
Classic Inca Trail - 4 days / 3 nights
Description of hike:
Peru: +51 992 767 064
Canada: +1 604 368 5119
USA: +1 786 985 6746
Copyright © Travel Andes - All rights reserved
You will start the day with a delicious and fulfilling breakfast; then, continue your hike sorrounded by beautiful scenery,
and ascending steadily to the valley of Warmiwanusca. If the weather is clear you will get spectacular views of the
Huayanay snow peaks as you climb over the pass and down to Pacaymayo Valley.
After breakfast, a steady one to two hour climb will take you over the second pass where you will see first real signs of
the paved Inca road, which becomes an impressive carved stairway leading to the minor ruins of Runcuracay.
Continuing up this Inca stairway you will cross a pass and hike down to the major and spectacular ruins of
Sayacmarca. During lunch, your guide will explain some of the mysteries of Incan architecture and Inca life.
Afterwards, you will continue on along an exquisite paved Inca road to your campsite.
After energizing yourself with breakfast, you will leave from Phuyupatamarca and descend down the finest, intact
paved Inca road known. You will also follow a steep Inca stairway to Wiñay-wayña. This site was only discovered in
the 1940s and rivals Machu Picchu in its splendor. From here it will take 2 hours to arrive to Intipunku - the Sun Gate,
where you will have your first and awe-inspiring view of the citadel of Machu Picchu. You will then enter and be able
to walk through Machu Picchu itself in the afternoon. After the tour, you will have free time to walk around on your
own. Then, you will join the rest of the group and go by bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon,
you will take the train to Cusco. Upon your arrival in Cusco you will be taken back to your lodge.