Day 1: CUSCO - WAYLLABAMBA
You will be picked up from your accommodation between 6:30
and 7:00 am. You will then take a bus ride through the Sacred
Valley of the Incas to Kilometer 82, where the walk to your first
campsite of Wayllabamba begins.
Day 2 .- WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO
After breakfast, we will begin walking to the highest point on
the Inka Trail, from which we will be able to observe different
microclimates. We will go through the valley of Warmiwañusca
(4,200 masl) and have lunch at Pacaymayu. We will visit the
Runkuracay Complex and descend to Sayacmarca, which is a
semicircular archeological site with different terraces. After
that, we will hike to the Pacaymayo campsite, where we will
spend the second night.
Day 3 .- PACAYMAYO – WYÑAYWAYNA
We will continue the hike after breakfast to the
Phuyupatamarca Complex. From here we will be able to view
the beautiful Valley of Urubamba. Then we will walk until we
reach Wiñayhuayna,(2650m), our last campsite.
Day 4 .- WIÑAYHUAYNA – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
We will start the day with a very early breakfast at sunrise,
approximately at 4:30 am. We will then begin our hike towards
Inti Punko (The Door of the Sun). From this spot, we will view
the impressive site of Machupicchu
Once we arrive at Machupicchu, there will be a guided tour as
well as free time to explore independently. Afterwards, we will
take the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you
can have dinner and/or visit the hot springs. Lastly, we will
take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco (Poroy).
Prices for this package:
- Discounts are offered to Peruvian
- Discounts are offered to students with an
- Discounts are offered to groups of three
Please be informed that because as soon as
you purchase this package, we purchase your
entrance to the Inka Trail and to Machupicchu
and your return train ticket, paid-for
reservations for the Inka Trail can not be
modified and the deposit is non-refundable.
- Bus transportation to the start of the trail.
- Entrance Fees to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Bilingual tour guide
- Meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Tea time everyday
- Dining tent with tables and chairs; kitchen utinsels and plates.
- Porters to carry equipment (tents, food and cooking
- Accommodation for porters and cooks.
- Bus transportation from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Transportation from the train station to hotel in Cusco.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent one in Cusco)
- Breakfast on the first day, last lunch in Aguas Calientes
Additional porter to carry your personal equipment
Classic Inca Trail - 4 days / 3 nights
Description of hike:
Copyright © Travel Andes - All rights reserved
Peru: +51 992 767 064
Canada: +1 604 368 5119
USA: +1 786 985 6746